internetworkers - Re: culturalexploitation.com?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: culturalexploitation.com?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 21:31:59 -0400 (EDT)

this reminds me of two recent quotes.

first one from the "One Head Bang Too Many" Department:
"It is ... sickening to know that our art is being traded like a commodity
rather than the art that it is," says Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich
(speaking about Napster).
Full story at:
http://www.sjmercury.com/svtech/news/breaking/merc/docs/037248.htm

the second from the Conference on World Affairs in Boulder
http://www.colorado.edu/cwa/ where mercenary/author Jean-Jacques de
Mesterton was on a panel with a jazz musician. The jazzman, who had copped
more than a few 'world music' licks in his time, was complaining about US
Imperialism. Jean-Jacques finally could stand it no longer. He pounded his
fist on the table and shouted, "If I understand you rightly, you are
trying to give Imperialism a bad name!"

you, gen Xers are getting disrespectful of your elders. after all the
drugs^H^H^H^H^H pain we went through to make this old world a better place
to live, you think that you would worship^H^H^H^H^H^H^H think a little
better of us.

Paul Jones
"We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
pjones AT MetaLab.unc.edu voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071