internetworkers - Re: knockoff site pas de deux [somewhat long]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: knockoff site pas de deux [somewhat long]
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:52:40 -0500

Chris Calloway wrote:
> --- Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com> wrote:
> > I think this discussion has reached the point where
> > it needs to be
> > conducted over a few beers.
>
> well, although i think online is the place for
> fastidious discussion of issues and bars are for
> drinking and solipsism, i agree as i'd just as soon
> drink beer and forgedaboudid if wire-fu is the high
> road.

Au contraire, mon frere. Your thorough and pithy digestion of the
issue at hand simply requires too much bandwidth for me to be able to
address in the middle of my working day. But beer time is coming up,
March 2.

Mind you, the First Thursday thing is simply a convenient formality.
InterNetWorkers is as InterNetWorkers happens. There's nothing stopping
anyone from simply inviting the assembled congregation of this list to a
suitable watering hole -- or other venue -- at any time of the month.

Tom