internetworkers - Re: INW population

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Thomas <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: INW population
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:57:27 -0500

> Y'all might be interested to know that we've got about 166 people on
> the [Inet-Announce] list and 73 on this list [InterNetWorkers]. Our
> population keeps growing slowly but surely.

Hmmm... population... maybe we should create some virtual neighborhoods for
our web site
to house our "population"... could even get really geeky and get some virtual
sewers,
virtual powerlines, virtual roads... and of course, virtual snowplows...:-)

Y'all who have read *Snowcrash* will know where I'm going with this...

> I think it would be a good thing to keep it growing, too. Please
> pass
> the word on to your cool net.friends and others who might get something
> out of our group. Registration instructions follow below.

A little more seriously, our soon-to-arrive web site will make this
registration process
easier. Instead of having to follow instructions, you'll just to a web page
and type your
email address in a field -- and hopefully be entertained and informed while
you are there,
also.