internetworkers - Re: Mandatory Twitching

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Mandatory Twitching
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 15:26:53 -0500

Preface: I'm in S.F. today with a client and haven't fully read all of the
posts... just feeling I should jump back in to this very interesting-looking
discussion...

>folks who wanna contribute will/should be given a bit more control of the
>process and anyone who isn't interested can "just hang out."

Yes!

If:
(someone wants to do something for the web site)
&& (they have the energy/time to make it happen)
&& (our discussion list here can arrive at a consensus that it isn't
horrible-awful -- something that would make people want to not be associated
with the group/not visit the site)

Then: lets do it!

Now, there are certain things that the web site definitely *should* have: Can
I get some consensus that we should have:

* Next meeting time
* Directions to our various venues
* How to sign up for the mailing lists
* How to become a "member" -- i.e., how to sign for the mailing lists
* Description of what the group is (a metaphor statement, NOT a mission
statement)

Any other absolute essentials? Things that should be there or else we
shouldn't even bother doing a web site?

:

>InterNetWorkers exists.
>it is not a cult.
>you can join if the 'secret council' approves you.
>we drink alcohol.
>no one gets in fist fights.

Indeed, though there is no 'secret council' and I'd like to submit that the
web site should make entry in to the group more open.

Have a great day!