internetworkers - Mandatory Twitching

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David Matusiak" <matusiak AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Mandatory Twitching
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 18:30:25 GMT

Where are the deliverables on this project???

How can I be expected to go to committee and prove our positive worth without some real research and marketing data to back me up?

In order for this plan to coagulate into a scalable, multi-platform "web presence" with ultra-interoperability, there are going to have to be many long, painful "web objective" meetings with mandatory twitching.

I volunteer to be Ring Leader. This will allow me the comfort to criticize others work and to distribute the Cat-O-Nine-Tails as deemed necessary.

~~~aside~~~
looks like we have two deeply entrenched camps forming;

the lassie-faire, hippie, folk-rock lovin', tree-huggin' bunch who "just want to hang" and are espousing "let's just have a site with cool hypnotic backgrounds."

and the militaristic, mein kampf-readin', tables and borders crowd who want our strategic vision cemented to the internet, never to be removed.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, man --- let's smoke the peace pipe and shoot it right down the middle.....

folks who wanna contribute will/should be given a bit more control of the process and anyone who isn't interested can "just hang out."

it's not like this one site will represent everyone to the fullest detail. i believe the initial goal is just to get something out there to state that :

InterNetWorkers exists.
it is not a cult.
you can join if the 'secret council' approves you.
we drink alcohol.
no one gets in fist fights.

happy 2000 -- we all made it.
dave ;)