internetworkers - [internetworkers] Software for online forms???

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: hallman at email.unc.edu (Judy Hallman)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Software for online forms???
  • Date: Fri Feb 28 07:27:25 2003

To Triangle Internet Workers:

RTPnet (rtpnet.org) would like to replace gform (Generic Form Handler for
creating online forms) with something with at least as much function but
easier to use (most of our members are not computer savvy). Functions of
gform that we particularly like are the ability to append the results to a
file and/or e-mail the results to an address. We are currently trying to
provide options to allow payments through PayPal (for example, for
conference registrations). One problem with gform is that all the messages
are sent from "nobody" and people often reply to those messages.

Does anyone on this list have suggestions for replacing gform for RTPnet's
members, perhaps a template or useful forms we might use as samples?

We DO have php on the system so the replacement software could be based on
php.

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.RTPnet.org/)

  • [internetworkers] Software for online forms???, Judy Hallman, 02/28/2003