internetworkers - [internetworkers] health insurance for independents?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: art2mis at nc.rr.com (Diana Duncan)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] health insurance for independents?
  • Date: Tue Feb 25 13:24:00 2003

Not in answer to either of your questions, but Craig and I benefit greatly
from being incorporated as a business with at least 2 employees (us). We are
considered a "group" and can buy group health and dental insurance. We only
discovered this because maternity is not covered at all under individual
health insurance plans, and since that was the only thing we could imagine
really needing it for (other than emergencies), we really wanted that
coverage.

So, all you individual contractors out there -- why not join up with a
partner
or two?

Diana