internetworkers - [internetworkers] nc.rr.com slow past few days

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: schampeo at hesketh.com (Steven Champeon)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] nc.rr.com slow past few days
  • Date: Thu Feb 20 00:33:21 2003

on Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:30:17AM -0500, Andrew Beckert wrote:
> They also happen to be open relays, and blacklisted on dsbl.org (smtp),
> meaning I can't receive emails from them..unless I want to cutback on my
> sendmail security. I've been complaining about this forever. If anyone
> else wants to help me harrass them with emails etc, that would be great!
>
> one of many examples for nc.rr.com
> http://dsbl.org/listing?ip=24.93.67.52

So stop using unconfirmed.dsbl.org and multihop.dsbl.org. ;)

Or, though it's a compromise, tag mail instead of rejecting it, then use
a whitelist if you really need to get mail from people in Fairfax. I use
a nifty package called "check_local" by digitalanswers.org.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier