ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] Upcoming email changes

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: John Reuning <john AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] Upcoming email changes
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:15:26 -0400

Two items today...

1) A gentle reminder that we will stop routing email through the
ibiblio mail server at the end of this month. Well, actually, the
change will be rolled out on Monday, June 2. This is when
metalab.unc.edu email will start flowing to gmail. ibiblio staff has
been working with owners of .org, .net, etc. domains for the past
several weeks. Email for domains we've not arranged to move to gmail
will be discontinued.

2) The deadline for copying old email from mail.ibiblio.org is June 6.
At that time, mail.ibiblio.org will be permanently shut down. This
only affects those with saved mail from a metalab.unc.edu or pre-gmail
ibiblio email account. I recommend using a desktop pop or imap client
to download mailboxes to local storage. Google also has a mail
download feature in the gmail account settings tab. I've not
personally used it, though.

If you have broad questions about these changes, please drop a note to
the webgroup email list.

Thanks,

-John R.

  • [ibiblio-announce] Upcoming email changes, John Reuning, 04/29/2011