ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] what happened to ibiblio (and everything else it hosts)?

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] what happened to ibiblio (and everything else it hosts)?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:06:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi ibiblio-announce,

ibiblio experienced a "power event" around 12:30 p.m. EST - judging by the number of server administrators in the data center right now, it looks like a good portion of the data center lost power.

Some of our servers lost power, and some of the switches did, then some of them came back up (depending on who had redundant power supplies). We're mostly back up and are checking services now. If, within another ten minutes or so, your ibiblio-hosted site or service is NOT back up, please do let us know via http://www.ibiblio.org/help/ and we'll jump on it.

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org systems 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] what happened to ibiblio (and everything else it hosts)?, Don Sizemore, 02/27/2009