ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] PHP upgrade postponed, login.ibiblio.org system maintenance

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] PHP upgrade postponed, login.ibiblio.org system maintenance
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:47:26 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

PHP upgrade postponed:
---------------------
UNC was snowed out again this morning, and we'd rather not undertake a major system change so late in the week (Monday/Tuesday upgrades give us all week to iron out residual problems). There are some scheduling conflicts around the office next week, so we're postponing our web cluster's PHP upgrade until February 2, 2009.

login.ibiblio.org maintenance:
Red Hat released a slew of package updates this morning, and among them is a new kernel offering security fixes, NFS fixes, and a fix for a kernel bug we've been seeing intermittently on login.ibiblio.org's public NIC.

We'd like to reboot login.ibiblio.org onto this new kernel tomorrow morning, around 6:30 a.m. EST. If the timing of this reboot poses an insurmountable difficulty to you, please do let us know via http://www.ibiblio.org/help/ and we'll work something out.

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org systems 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] PHP upgrade postponed, login.ibiblio.org system maintenance, Don Sizemore, 01/21/2009