ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] upcoming changes to ibiblio email

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: "Ken Chestnutt" <ken AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] upcoming changes to ibiblio email
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:44:47 -0500

Hi Everyone,
In the coming months, we will be exploring and eventually transitioning all our ibiblio.org email to Google gmail.  Your current ibiblio email address will still function the same way it does now and the actual address WILL NOT CHANGE.  We simply do not have the resources to continue to support and give our contributors the level of service surrounding email that you need and deserve.

When ibiblio.org was founded over 15 years ago, email was a novelty.  You couldn't simply log onto the Internet and sign up for a free email account.  We were happy to provide email along with our main mission, which is to be a free and open digital archive.  Today, email is everywhere.  In fact, most people have more than one account.  By transitioning our email to Google, we will be able to better allocate resources to support our core responsibilities.

Moving to Google gmail offers ibiblio.org many advantages:

-  your 500 mb. email limit will be removed
-  much much better spam protection
-  access to Google tools such as Write and Presenter

I'm sure after reading this you have lots of questions.  To be honest, we have a few of our own.  We will be working with Google to answer these questions and ensure a smooth transition for everyone.

If you have any specific concerns or questions, please open a ticket at http://www.ibiblio.org/help and will address them on an individual basis.

ken

--
ken chestnutt
linux administrator

http://shinydistraction.com
I blog so you don't have to.

  • [ibiblio-announce] upcoming changes to ibiblio email, Ken Chestnutt, 01/15/2009