ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio.org services restored

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio.org services restored
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:49:12 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

ibiblio experienced a web outage this evening: one of our virtual hosts was exploited, and the processes it spawned caused our LVS directors to run out of memory.

This was caused by an out-of-date Joomla installation, and I'm sending out this reminder to please keep your CMSs current - if a site is exploited, we have no choice but to disable it to save our services.

This particular exploit targets mos_Config_password. If you are running Joomla, you should change your administrative password as soon as possible.

If you have questions or trouble, please do contact our help team via http://www.ibiblio.org/help/

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org systems 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio.org services restored, Don Sizemore, 12/28/2008