ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] How to thank ibiblio

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] How to thank ibiblio
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 17:16:38 -0500

Several folks have written saying: "Please Paul, we want to give to ibiblio -- props and cash and all -- but we don't know how. Please enlighten us!"

Far be it for me to keep such knowledge secret.

For gifts of money, go to the ibiblio home page and click on the "Give to ibiblio" logo in the upper right of the page, that will take you to https://secure.ibiblio.org/gift/ which will tell you have to give via mail or credit card. The more complex stuff is that that is required by the UNC Development Office. They do a great job of making sure you get proper tax credits etc for your donations.

For sending props for our/your good work, the folks to contact are:

Jean Folkerts, Dean of Journalism and Mass Communication
http://www.jomc.unc.edu/faculty/jean_folkerts.html
jean_folkerts AT unc.edu
Phone: (919) 962-1204
120 Carroll Hall
Campus Box 3365
UNC
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3365

Jose-marie Griffiths, Dean of Information and Library Science
http://sils.unc.edu/people/resources/jmgriffithsbio.htm
jmgriff AT unc.edu
Phone: (919) 962-8363
103 Manning Hall
Campus Box 3360
UNC
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360
Note: She is stepping down soon, but she has been very supportive.

Holden Thorp, Chancellor of UNC - Chapel Hill
http://www.unc.edu/chan/
chancellor AT unc.edu or holden AT unc.edu
Phone: (919) 962-1365
103 South Building
Campus Box 9100
UNC
Chapel Hill, 27599-9100

  • [ibiblio-announce] How to thank ibiblio, Paul Jones, 12/26/2008