ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio.org network connectivity problems

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio.org network connectivity problems
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:56:26 -0500 (EST)

Hi again,

Our ISP's engineers are looking into high CPU utilization on one of our
switches, and we're experiencing trouble connecting to all of our servers
at the moment. My laptop is plugged into one of the ibiblio switches to
continue testing services, etc. We hope to have this fixed ASAP.

As we were dealing with the network issue while I was sending out my
last message, I forgot to mention that *all* former mysql2.ibiblio.org
databases remain, untouched, on mysql2's former hardware,
gaffer.metalab.unc.edu. If you need to access any of your data for any
reason, you may connect to it using your database username and password
via the command line from login.ibiblio.org.

Again, we're still testing services, and ask that you send in any
problems or questions via http://www.ibiblio.org/help/

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org systems 919.962.8071 f