ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] mysql2.ibiblio.org back in service

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] mysql2.ibiblio.org back in service
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:34:30 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

mysql2.ibiblio.org is back in service :)

We started experiencing a "network event" as soon as we started re-enabling services, and the engineers at our ISP are checking things out now. Note that there are 3 databases that threw errors during the upgrade due to existing table corruption. We'll be fixing those databases next, and contacting those contributors privately. All tables checked fine on the new hardware.

So, again, for those of you who have databases on mysql2.ibiblio.org, please do check your sites behind us, and let us know if you experience any problems via our help form at http://www.ibiblio.org/help/

We thank you for your patience during the outage, but the new box seems to be performing nicely and gives us lots of room to grow in the future.

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org systems 919.962.8071 f