ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] Junk filtering for lists redux

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Cristóbal Palmer <cmpalmer AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] Junk filtering for lists redux
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:55:00 -0500

Dearest ibiblians,

I'm happy to announce that mail filtering is back on our list
server. If you missed it, the original mail describing what's up and
what you (as a list administrator of a lists.ibiblio.org list) need to
do is here:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/ibiblio-announce/2008-January/000210.html

This filtering is not perfect. It will have a significant number of
"false negatives," ie. junk mail that is not tagged as junk. Still, it
should help you cut down significantly on the number of messages held
in your moderation queue or in other queues. Again, see the link above
for the details on how to apply this to your list.

As usual, if you have a problem or any questsions, please visit the
web form and file a ticket.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
ibiblio.org systems administrator

  • [ibiblio-announce] Junk filtering for lists redux, Cristóbal Palmer, 01/23/2008