ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio may be unavailable, Friday June 8th

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio may be unavailable, Friday June 8th
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:05:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi ibiblio-announce,

ibiblio's network providers will be performing planned maintenance this Friday, June 8th from 11:00 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. Only our commercial Cogent connection will be affected. Users who access ibiblio over Internet2 or National Lambda Rail should be unaffected. The full announcement follows:

Subject: 6/8/07 NA920 Planned Network Maintenance - Atlanta GA 1-752OK

Planned Network Maintenance

Dear Cogent Customer,

As a valued customer, Cogent is committed to keeping you informed about any changes in the status of your service with us. This email is to alert you regarding maintenance we will be performing on our network:

Start time (local): 11:00pm 6/8/07
End time (local): 2:30am 6/9/07
Work order number: NA920
Order ID(s) impacted: 1-752OK Expected Outage/Downtime: 3.5 hours

Cogent customers receiving service at 55 Marietta Atlanta GA will be affected by this maintenance. Only the Cogent Order ID(s) listed above will be impacted. The purpose of this work is installing a new router and other equipment in your building.

During this maintenance window, you will experience one or more brief interruptions in service while we complete the maintenance activities; the interruptions are expected to last less than 3.5 hours total. However, due to the complexity of the work, your downtime may be longer.

Our network operations engineers closely monitor the work and will do everything possible to minimize any inconvenience to you.

  • [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio may be unavailable, Friday June 8th, Don Sizemore, 06/05/2007