ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] ALL ibiblio services unavailable, evening of Monday May 14th

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] ALL ibiblio services unavailable, evening of Monday May 14th
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 17:59:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi ibiblio-announce,

On Monday, May 14th at approximately 7:00 p.m. EDT, ibiblio's hosting providers will be flashing and reconfiguring the six switches in our racks. This work will address several problems with our local network and will allow us to better monitor our network's performance.

We hope the outage will be contained to about half an hour, but due to the length of the network shutdown, we will have to detach all of our network-mounted filesystems. It may take a bit longer for us to fully recover all of our systems due to this upheaval.

If the planned time poses an insurmountable problem to you, please drop us a note via http://www.ibiblio.org/help/ and we will do our best to work with you.

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org n stoof 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] ALL ibiblio services unavailable, evening of Monday May 14th, Don Sizemore, 05/10/2007