ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] update on ibiblio's Linux distributions server

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] update on ibiblio's Linux distributions server
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:44:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone,

The storage array holding most of our Linux distributions crashed hard. Rather than spend over $600 to resurrect 5 year-old hardware that is out of warranty and was beginning to show signs of failing prior to last night, we will be speeding up our migration of the distributions onto our new Netapp disks.

This means much more space on much more stable hardware, but it will mean waiting until we hear back on a few small technical questions before we can create the volume and populate it with data.

We sincerely apologize for this outage, and hope to have the volume accessible again by tomorrow.

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org n stoof 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] update on ibiblio's Linux distributions server, Don Sizemore, 04/10/2007