ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] distributions are sad

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] distributions are sad
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:00:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone,

The RAID array holding most of our Linux distributions went on the fritz last night. We are working on the problem but we *may* be looking at ordering replacement hardware and waiting for delivery. We hope to have the machine back and serving as soon as possible, and apologize for the trouble.

If you manage a Linux distribution hosted or mirrored on ibiblio, please
disable any rsync scripts, etc. that try to update it until further notice.

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org n stoof 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] distributions are sad, Don Sizemore, 04/10/2007