ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] database migration - Tuesday Night, March 20

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: ken c <ken AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio webgroup discussion list <webgroup AT lists.ibiblio.org>, ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] database migration - Tuesday Night, March 20
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:33:58 -0400

Hi Folks,
Two weeks ago we had a hardware failure in one of our database servers. We migrated everyone off that server and onto a secondary server so we could repair the failed hardware.

The server has been repaired, stress tested, and is now ready to be put back into production.

We will be migrating everyone who has a database on "mysql.ibiblio.org" from the secondary server to the main database server Tuesday, March 20, at 8:00 pm EDT.

There will around 30 minutes of downtime somewhere between 8:00 and 9:00 pm while we move the data. We will send out an email when the work is completed.

Not everyone will be affected. You will only experience downtime if you have a database installed on mysql.ibiblio.org.

If you have any questions, please visit http://www.ibiblio.org/help/ and fill out a help ticket.

Thank you,

ken

Ken Chestnutt
Linux Administrator
ibiblio.org

  • [ibiblio-announce] database migration - Tuesday Night, March 20, ken c, 03/15/2007