ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] UPDATE: more issues on db1.ibiblio.org

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Jonathan Mills <jonmills AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: webgroup AT lists.ibiblio.org, ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] UPDATE: more issues on db1.ibiblio.org
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:21:40 -0500

We continue to battle the raid controller blues on db1.ibiblio.org.  We thought we had things under control, but tonight experienced a SCSI bus reset that has taken us offline.  The controller is trying to rebuild the array now.  Ken and Don are headed to our datacenter to make sure it comes back online.  That's all the status I have right now.

But we're more prepared this time than we were last time.  I'm anticipating less downtime than on Monday...

Hang in there ibiblians!
--
jonathan mills
<jonmills AT ibiblio.org>

  • [ibiblio-announce] UPDATE: more issues on db1.ibiblio.org, Jonathan Mills, 02/28/2007