ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] two notes from the weekend

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] two notes from the weekend
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 08:39:29 -0500 (EST)

Hi ibiblio-announce,

1) The developers of WordPress have dropped a security release:
http://wordpress.org/development/2007/01/wordpress-206/
Please do take a moment to upgrade your WordPress installation.

2) We had a significant network outage over the weekend. Our hosting
providers were performing planned maintenance on the router serving
the ibiblio cluster, and as part of this maintenance needed to move
our traffic onto another router. Their note said that this would be
performed at midnight and would be transparent, so in the interest
of not spamming you all, I declined to forward the announcement.
Apparently some BGP screwiness had us in varying states of online
for around an hour or so, early Sunday morning. I will be certain
to forward all such announcements in the future.

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org n stoof 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] two notes from the weekend, Don Sizemore, 01/08/2007