ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] REMINDER!!! - The ibiblio servers are moving tonight!!!

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: ken c <ken AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: webgroup AT lists.ibiblio.org, ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] REMINDER!!! - The ibiblio servers are moving tonight!!!
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 09:25:23 -0400

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for bearing with us during the past month while we have been moving our servers. The first two parts of the move have gone well.

This is a reminder that we will be moving the final servers tonight, Friday, September 8, at 6:00 pm, (2200 GMT).

This means that tonight, we will turn off the login server and start the final move of the data from the old facility to the new facility. You will not be able to check your email while the login server is down.

Our website and your collections will be available on an intermittent basis from Friday night at 6:00 pm EDT until Saturday night at 6:00 EDT. Mail and the listserve will be affected as well.

After the move, ibiblio will have more disk space and an easier path to the Internet. We will also be in a much better position as a research body and digital archive. Once again, thank you for entrusting your collection to us. We understand you have a choice with hosting providers and we strive to give you service that exceeds your expectations.

ken

Ken Chestnutt
System Administrator
ibiblio.org

  • [ibiblio-announce] REMINDER!!! - The ibiblio servers are moving tonight!!!, ken c, 09/08/2006