ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] problem: ibiblio distributions fileserver outage

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] problem: ibiblio distributions fileserver outage
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:15:26 -0400 (EDT)

Good afternoon,

Ken and I have been trying unsuccessfully to revive bunsen, the machine that hosts most of our Linux distributions. Bunsen is having major hardware problems. We are currently yanking a spare machine to replace Bunsen and hope to have the machine re-tasked and serving as quickly as possible.

If you own a Linux distribution on ibiblio, please don't try to upload your distribution back into place yet as the mountpoint doesn't exist and it's only driving up the load on our login server.

Jungle (distro.ibiblio itself) is fine and holds several of our largest distributions (Debian, Fedora, Suse, etc). These will continue to be available.

We apologize for the trouble, and appreciate your patience as we work to revive our distributions file server.

Thank you, 919.962.5646 w
Donald Sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org n stoof 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] problem: ibiblio distributions fileserver outage, Don Sizemore, 08/22/2006