ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] Virtual host server upgrades

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: John Reuning <john AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] Virtual host server upgrades
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:04:07 -0500

What: ibiblio virtual host web servers will be upgraded to Redhat
Enterprise Linux 3
When: Wednesday, 19 Jan 2005, 9 AM - 5 PM (rolling upgrades)

The last stage of upgrading the core ibiblio web servers to RHEL 3
involves upgrading the servers that deliver hosted domain sites (virtual
hosts). If you have a .org, .net, .info, etc. site hosted by ibiblio,
this affects you.

This upgrade has already been performed on the login and www.ibiblio.org
servers. After the virtual host server upgrade, we will have a
consistent environment among the core ibiblio systems. These upgrades
will be performed on a rolling basis. No outage is expected; however,
you may notice brief interruptions in service as servers are removed
from or inserted into rotation.

It is important that you test your sites to find problems before the
upgrade. To facilitate testing, we have enabled
<site name>.test.ibiblio.org addresses on our development server. You
merely need to append .test.ibiblio.org to your site's hostname. For
example, if you wanted to test www.ibiblio.org, you could enter the url:

http://www.ibiblio.org.test.ibiblio.org

As always, please send questions to help AT ibiblio.org.

Thanks,

-John R.

  • [ibiblio-announce] Virtual host server upgrades, John Reuning, 01/06/2005