ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] When good systems go bad

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: John Reuning <john AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] When good systems go bad
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 03:40:18 -0000

Someone needs to create a TV show about the horrible things computer
systems can do. The hardware failures this morning caused the
corruption of two large fs volumes. Grrr... We've had to recreate
blank volumes and are restoring/rebuilding from backup.

Things will be coming online piecemeal. We apologize for the
inconvenience and will restore services as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

-jrr

  • [ibiblio-announce] When good systems go bad, John Reuning, 05/12/2003