ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] filesystems offline temporarily

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: John Reuning <john AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] filesystems offline temporarily
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 16:19:09 -0000

Due to multiple failed drives that appeared during the planned
maintenance, the /public/ftp filesystem is currently offline. Until the
drive rebuilds are complete, this data is unavailable. Affected
services include all ftp content, parts of iupac.org, and all of the
Linux Documentation Project.

On the bright side, however, the main web site and most hosted domains
have been back online since earlier this morning. Because of the
extended downtime for certain filesystems, we decided to remount
/public/html on login.ibiblio.org. We'll have to kick everyone off
again, though, to bring things back to normal.

Thanks,

-jrr

  • [ibiblio-announce] filesystems offline temporarily, John Reuning, 05/12/2003