homestead - Re: [Homestead] More Computer Questions

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <gil.white AT xplornet.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More Computer Questions
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:36:15 -0800

W/P 6 something or another <g> Won't buy the new version as MS anti'd up money to keep them out of bankruptsy and now it is just a watered down version of Word. YUCK!

Word is the most useless program out there! Really a shame WordStar disappeared.

Hey, I still have Lotus and PDF and although "they" say you can't use the PDF with Windows (it's a really OLD DOS program), it is up and running just fine. Now if I could find a handheld that I could load it on I'd be a happy camper!

Lynda
--"I'm fascinated by the hard line you're drawing over religion -- It gets
used too much, as an excuse, a fall guy, a weapon, a con. A lot of people,
maybe most, don't mean it except when it suits them." Dallas
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gil White" <gil.white AT xplornet.com>

It sounds like she's using Windows as well, but we won't mention that.

The last time I heard anyone using Quatro Pro was back when the latest version of Wordperfect was 5.1 and Lotus 1-2-3 owned the spreadsheet market.