homestead - Re: [Homestead] Computer Whiz ? #2

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Computer Whiz ? #2
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:40:17 -0500

I've got 8.54 still...how large is the new version? How many days would it take to download? Been connecting at 12 kbps lately. :(

Lynda wrote:
Anyone else download AVG's new version? I did and my computer started acting up. OE and IE kept locking up. Everyone started running slow as molasses in January. Also, when it ran it never picked up any cookies, etc. I just removed the whole thing and now the computer is running like it is supposed to.

So, that said, what are other folks using? Free, of course <g>

Lynda
--"I'm fascinated by the hard line you're drawing over religion -- It gets
used too much, as an excuse, a fall guy, a weapon, a con. A lot of people,
maybe most, don't mean it except when it suits them." Dallas