homestead - Re: [Homestead] Global Warming?

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Global Warming?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:03:59 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/2009 12:32:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mmcharry AT gmail.com writes:

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 7:18 PM, <DSanner106 AT aol.com> wrote:
> exactly. this is the same sort of weather changes during the normal 30
year
> climate swings we have recorded going back eons. I just don't see the
> whole human caused global warming in this.

Uh, what about the loss of Arctic ice? When was the last time that the
Northwest Passage was navigable?
The fact that the melting ice has released several trapped ships from the
late 1800- early 1900' s tells me it was not very long ago at all. We also
know sea levels are more than 2 feet lower than measurements taken in 1841
on the Isle of wight, that markings from 1841 are still in place and
obvious.

And then there's all that ice dropping into the sea in Antarctica.

uhh, it's not. Sorry, but the temps are growing colder, both air and water
in Antarctica, the overall ice shelf is growing with the exception of one
tiny berg on the northern tip. (wilkens) All this ice sheet shrink data was
ruled false by the British scientific community. It was one of nine points
outlined as patently false in Gore's movie and lead to a required label as
such before showing the film in Great Britain. It could not be shown as a
documentary, but as fiction, with the 9 points specifically listed in a
warning before the showing.

_http://www.ecoworld.com/climate/the-real-facts-on-increasing-antarctic-ice.
html_
(http://www.ecoworld.com/climate/the-real-facts-on-increasing-antarctic-ice.html)

That's not part of any normal 30 year cycle. Neither is the increased
concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere.
Actually, the CO2 levels have been much higher many times, and caused by
nature, not man, but more importantly, Scientific American climate expert
David Fogarty has written that new studies are showing that CO2 is not
nearly
the big culprit for global warming it has been set up as. the CO2 levels
varied widely long before man was on the planet, and are not necessarily the
cause, but maybe a byproduct of the conditions causing global warming. He
cited solar cycles and many other things that are now being considered.

Drew

Marie