homestead - [Homestead] Inherit the Wind

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Inherit the Wind
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 13:33:48 EDT

> >To me, in addition to what you wrote, it seems like such a waste to see
> perfectly good transportation going to waste.

It makes me wonder, seriously wonder, what a ship of fools we are
(collectively). There is Wizard of Id comic strip I recall where Sir
Rodney brings
a shackled peasant before the kings and says, "We've discovered who has
been throwing bricks through all the windows .... it's the owner of the
royal
glass shop."

Reduce his CFC paradigm down to the self contained level of your own
homestead. You have a 50' row of beans ripening. That's plenty and you
don't
need any more, but now you have nothing to do (bean-wise). So you go out and
hoe the beans under so you can have the "prosperity" of planting more.

All those scrapped cars are a national asset. It's metal we don't have to
mine and reprocess, glass we don't have t make, polution we don't have to
belch forth, coal we don't have to mine, consumer debt we don't have to go
into.

It's as I said, our entire "economy" is passing around money and debt and
trying to arrange for some of it to stick to our fingers.

What idiot society would trash 700,000 working vehicles in the
hallucination that having to buy them back new somehow adds to our wealth.

Or as the Book says ....."He who troubles his own house will inherit the
wind."

James

  • [Homestead] Inherit the Wind, Clansgian, 08/30/2009