homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 18:19:50 -0700 (PDT)

I think people down there don't even question it.  Every person I talked to
about that just paid the bill without asking what it was for.  There are a
lot of little taxes like that on everything it seems, quite hidden,,,, so
they can pretend taxes (i.e. income taxes) are low.  Income taxes ARE low,
but there are a zillioni other taxes in place attempting to make up for it.
Politicians dirty tricks.

I don't have trash, water, sewer, garbage, paved roads, recycling either.
There are county police, a few of them.  The county here is about the same
size as Cook County (Chicago) IL,,,,,,, with a population likely less than
one square block in downtown Chicago.  And I like it like that.  They do have
a road scraper go by on some of the roads, but not others and my guess it has
to do with someone "knowing" someone in government.  The kids from Mexico
cross the US border daily to go to the US public school up in town,,,,,,,,,,
something I've never understood why the US taxpayers have to pay for that.