homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rude tough questions for Obama from Int'l press corps

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rude tough questions for Obama from Int'l press corps
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:56:01 -0400

> After completely ignoring Senator Mccain and fawning over Senator Obama
> for so long, while being joined by members of the international press
> corps, even the American press started asking Senator Obama his toughest
> questions of the campaign season.

I swore I would not get back into this, but why not? We should also add:

1. Playing Rev. Wright clip over and over and over for weeks. Clip
"God damn America"

NOT

Quote "Not God bless America, God damn America. That's in the Bible,
for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating her
citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts
like she is God and she is supreme. The United States government has
failed the vast majority of her citizens of African descent. Think
about this, think about this. "

2. Michelle Obama, lets look at some headlines:

"FOXNews.com - Does Michelle Obama Dislike America? - Bill O'Reilly ..."
"Michelle Obama Whitey transcript" : MyTownTalks
"Michelle Obama Slams America, Says Husband Can Save Its Soul" Limbaugh
"Michelle Obama thesis was on racial divide - Jeffrey Ressner ..."
(you can be sure to see more on that)

3. Jesse Jackson :

"Jackson's Obama comments almost went unnoticed" - Los Angeles Times
Oh yeah, Jesse wanting to cut your nuts off helps you. That one got skipped.

Now as for McCain, you can't blame the press for being ho hum. He is a
really, really, ho hum sort of guy.

Throwing all politics out of it, if I have to listen to 4-8 years of
his speeches, I'm going to loose it. The 8 years of listening to Bush
mispronounce "nuclear" and general fumbling over words have been
enough!

Perhaps McCain could get in the news if he pushed out some of the more
juicy stuff on him and those around him. Here are some that really
have not hit mainstream:

"Keffiyeh: McCain Daughter Dons Islamic Terror Scarf!"
gawker.com/5003288/mccain-daughter-dons-islamic-terror-scarf

Look at this Wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain
"McCain ran ads accusing Bush of lying and comparing the governor to
Bill Clinton,[109] which Bush said was "about as low a blow as you can
give in a Republican primary"

Supposedly an "unidentified" party started these rumors as retaliation:
"claimed most infamously that McCain had fathered a black child out of
wedlock (the McCains' dark-skinned daughter Bridget was adopted from
Bangladesh)"
"also that his wife Cindy was a drug addict"
"he was a homosexual"
"that he was a "Manchurian Candidate" traitor or mentally unstable
from his North Vietnam POW days."

Oh yeah, forgot all the Bushies snuck out in the dark of night and
peeled off the bumper stickers. You stopped believing in him when
times got tough.

Here are some more things I get when I google.

"The wife John McCain callously left behind | Mail Online"

"Skeleton Closet - John McCain, The Dark Side
McCain's wife and father-in-law also were the largest investors (at
$350000) in a Keating ... He acknowledges that his adultery broke up
his first marriage."

"McCain's broken marriage and fractured Reagan friendship - Los ...
Jul 11, 2008 ... But that friendship was strained in the late 1970s by
McCain's decision to divorce his first wife, Carol, who was
particularly close to the ..."

"McCain's Double Standard: Hawk In The Drug War, Yet His Wife Got ...
John McCain, has admitted that his wife not only illegally used drugs
but walked away from criminal charges. The McCains have worked to make
Cindy McCain's ..."\

I'd think that our press would be able to find something out of all
this to keep our boy in the news. Geez, where are Bush and the
"religious right" when you need them? I say give him his fair time....

Rob - Va