homestead - Re: [Homestead] Raised Bed Advice

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Raised Bed Advice
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:09:38 -0800

Well, I can still do most barr exercises and could still do splits front to
back and sideways and do a conversion from one to other when I was in my
late 40s and early 50s. With no creaking <g> And that's after 3 back injuries and scoliosis!

Now, the scoliosis isn't my fault but the first back injury was. However, I think I'm excused since being 10 at the time means I was still rather impulsive and flying under the misconception that I was invincible <g> Lesson learned -- don't ride a two year old stud bareback! Second one was sort of my fault. One really shouldn't be scooting around on wheeled chairs. Lesson learned -- don't trust the maintenance people when they say they fixed the chair. Third back injury, not my fault! Lesson learned -- acccidents happen <g>

Besides, the back or the age aren't why I've got the raised beds. I don't have dirt and I do have the whole mole/gopher thing. Rocks anyone???? Plus, ease of operation means I can do more stuff before the heat drives me indoors AND my particular raised beds will allow me to double purpose them so that they will be cold frames also.

Doncha just love multi-tasking <g>

Lynda

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Mother is now 94, has been gardening all her life. She bends over to
tend ground plants.

I love gardening so much that I am preparing for any eventuality.