homestead - [Homestead] working on an organic farm was: Marie in Illinois?

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] working on an organic farm was: Marie in Illinois?
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:53:47 -0800

At 2/22/2008, you wrote:
About ten years ago, I was a volunteer worker on an organic vegetable farm
in Ohio for two years.

That is somewhat I am doing now but not volunteering. My trailer is parked on a commercial organic vegetable farm in Hollister, CA, south of the Bay area. I am helping out by repairing tractors, wiring lights, repairing trucks, driving tractor (when it quits raining), fixing computers, and whatever. My journal shows some of the fun activities. He has about 200 acres under cultivation in three locations and is looking at several hundred acres more. I spend spring time here helping him for a free place to park my trailer, all the organic vegetables I could want, and a little money.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com