homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has Anyone Read

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has Anyone Read
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:46:42 -0800

Well, I was looking at it as a potential read since he is here in CA and his climate and soil is almost identical to ours. Of course, lots of books out there "say" they'll do x, y or z, so I thought I would come to this bastian of collective wisdom to see if anyone had read it! Thanks,

Lynda, off to see what the book costs and if it will work into this months budget.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>

Yes Lynda, I have read it many times. I taught several organic gardening classes and used it for tons of information! I love his description of the soil and pictures of how deep plant roots grow. It is updated every few years as it is an ongoing project. Try and find the latest edition, which I think is edition 8.