homestead - Re: [Homestead] chicken feet

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] chicken feet
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 13:13:22 -0800

Well, when you try them, you'll have to report back. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why anyone would eat them <g> Seems like there wouldn't be anything there to eat. I mean, I sure wouldn't want to eat the skin knowing where it had been walking <g>

In printing out some recipes, I ran across a blurb I had saved about
chicken feet. The recipe I saw pressure cooks them, but was wondering
how long you would have to boil them if you didn't. I saw on Survivor
that the Chinese eat the feet regularly, and I know it is common in
other places, too, like Mexico, so I was wondering the best way to try
this...Oh and just for the record, the recipe I have says that duck and
turkey feet are just as good...
By the way, I hope everyone had a Happy Turkey Day. I know I certainly
have a lot to be thankful for this year.