homestead - Re: [Homestead] san diego fires

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] san diego fires
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:02:21 -0700

At 10/22/2007, you wrote:
"Hi, Is anyone out there in the San Diego area that
can let us know what is happening in the area of the
fires, ie, Julian.

Fires are west and south of Julian. Evacuations are Romona, parts of Escondido, Valley Center, Rancho Bernardo, PQ, Falbrook, Rainbow. Coastal cities are under a watch. One news outlet says there are more evacuees here that in Katrina.

Sorry folks, My kid brother is out there right near
the heat of the flames
If anyone knows of a good online website I can get to
use to chat live, please let me know. I've been trying
to find one out there."

Be aware that web sites are breaking under the load. I am getting my best information by monitoring the local Fallbrook Amateur Radio Repeater. If you had Echolink (Amateur license required) you could link to the Keller Peak repeater.

http://kpbs.digitaria.com/
http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/dmpr/emer/index.html
http://www.signonsandiego.com/
http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/fireplots/cgb2007295_0700.jpg
http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/recent3.php

I spent a chunk of last night at a local shelter and am now waiting a call.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com