homestead - Re: [Homestead] A Rant

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A Rant
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:54:28 -0400

Is this the norm? Are other freecycles set up with
this type of parameters?

I used to use Freecycle a lot when I was in the DC area waiting to
move here. Same deal in some areas. DC for instance. It would be
really weird, I'm not sure why they did that.

Check for a Craiglist free stuff in the same area.

I had one lady on Craigslist that posted she had something that I
needed. It was something decent. She saved up all the names of the
people that wanted it and sent an email out to all of them and said
that the first one to get to her house could have the item. I guess it
was sort of a race to see who won. I declined.

Now, I'm out here in the boonies and the only place anything is free
is the dump :>)

Rob - Va