homestead - [Homestead] A Rant

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] A Rant
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:49:34 -0800

Well, DH put a purgola on the front deck and some shade cloth. He's now building another on on the back deck and wants to enclose it for a sunroom type thing, so I decided to check into Freecycle and Craigslist.

The closest *real* Freecycle is in Redding. So, I signed up and then got Ms. Control Freak's answer -- You don't live in Shasta County, you can't join, go join the one in your county. HELLO! There are a whole 13,000 people in this county and the local Freecycle has about 10 posts a month MAX and 3 to 5 of them are the listowner posts about netiquette and rules, etc. The only post in March was a free bag of books and I think April had some old picture frames.

Shasta County, on the other hand has 164,000 people. Now, I could join the Humboldt County freecycle. They don't have a problem with that but they are over 4 hours away.

What is this broad's problem? Is she afraid someone from another county might get a great deal? Is this the norm? Are other freecycles set up with this type of parameters?

Lynda, who will stop ranting now <g>