homestead - Re: [Homestead] OT Need Software Advice

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] OT Need Software Advice
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:31:11 -0800

Use WordPerfect. You can probably pick up an old disc (6.1 or so) for pennies or even find it at your local used bookstore or Salvation Army. It is word processing but has all the graphics you'll need for a beginner. There are multiple page borders, textboxes, graphics boxes, draw, chart, columns, custom boxes, art, line art, buttons, watermarks and the list goes on. You can load 6.1 on everything from Windows 3.1 to XP Professional. Don't know about the new Vista.

I've done catalogs, show programs, flyers, show presentations, slide shows, pamphlets, cropped and edited photos and dozens of other things with this old W/P program that all supposedly need some expensive program.

Lynda