homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:08:55 -0700

It's the land of Coke because you are too close to Atlanta. Here in
Tennessee it's RC all the way. That and Dr. Pepper which was concocted by a phamacist
in Rural Retreat a few miles from here.

I love Dr. Pepper. I have about one each week.

Btw, in Wisconsin when I was growing up, all soft drinks were called pop, as it is in my part of the Ozarks. Soda was a high-fallutin' word used by people who also had dinner at supper time and referred to real dinner as "lunch."