homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bandsaw Mills

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bandsaw Mills
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:54:36 -0800

At 2/12/2006 11:13 AM,Gene GeRue wrote:
Does anyone have experience with TimberKing mills? Their basic Personal
Mill Model is about $6,500. Frame extensions to handle logs longer than
twelve feet and sharpeners and setters up the price. Looks like it will do
what I want.

I'd get on the milling list and go thru the archives mailto:milling-subscribe AT yahoogroups.com .
Plus take a look at http://www.norwoodindustries.com/ . If I was going to buy a new one with limited funds (well, more than I had to spend) I'd have gotten the Norwood. If I was going to spend big bucks for one I'd have gone with Woodmizer http://www.woodmizer.com/en/index.aspx .
If your are thinking about a mill have you looked at used ones?
http://www.sawmill-exchange.com/ not only lists used ones for sale but advice about what type of mill you might want for what you are planning to do.

Sounds like fun Gene!

Rob

becida AT comcast.net