gmark - [GMark] Interpretive Reading/Outline - Mark

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Antonio Jerez" <antonio.jerez AT zeta.telenordia.se>
  • To: <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [GMark] Interpretive Reading/Outline - Mark
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 00:10:08 +0100

Harry,
I think many of your ideas on GMark are sound, not the least that it was
written in Rome for a christian community
facing persecution. But at the end of your message I started asking myself
some questions. Personally I donĀ“t
find anything in GMark that tries to portray Jesus as "a priest like Aaron".
What has made you come to a conclusion
like that? And where did you get the idea that Mark wants to portray Jesus
as a "martyr king like David"? Was king
David seen as a martyr in first century Jewish tradition?

Best wishes

Antonio Jerez