gmark - [GMark] quotations of messages

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT attbi.com>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [GMark] quotations of messages
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:43:50 -0600

In the light of several posts today which contained unnecessary
extensive quotations of the message to which the poster was replying (as
well as the message before that), I feel I need to remind List Members
of our protocol that states that posters are to quote only as much of a
message he/he is replying to as is necessary to give one's post its
proper context.

Quoting whole messages (not to mention a whole thread) wreaks havoc with
the archives and causes those who receive List messages in digest mode
to scroll through a lot of irrelevant material before they can read what
they should be seeing.

PLEASE edit your messages appropriately.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson

  • [GMark] quotations of messages, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 01/17/2003