gmark - RE: The long ending of Mark,

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Parsons, Mikeal C." <Mike_Parsons AT baylor.edu>
  • To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: The long ending of Mark,
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 08:56:04 -0500

in addition to the other studies mentioned see James Kelhoffer, Miracle
and mission : the authentication of missionaries and their message in
the longer ending of Mark Tubingen : J C B Mohr, 2000, who argues that
the ending of Mark is based on on the other canonical gospels (and
therefore provides indirect witness to the emerging four-fold gospel).
See also William Farmer, The Last Twelve Verses of Mark (CUP, 1974), who
argues, if I remember correctly, for the authenticity of the verses
(based in part on his Two Gospel source theory).
cheers,
Mikeal Parsons