gmark - The long ending of Mark,

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT attbi.com>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: The long ending of Mark,
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:04:14 -0500

José Antonio Septién wrote:
Dearest friends,I'm doing a research on the long ending of Mark (16. 9-20). It has been difficult to me to find some articles or books that deal minutely with the style, and syntactical features of that segment of Mark. The point I'm trying to elucidate is this:  the section that goes from vvs. 9 to 20 is  really Markan? Would you please informe abotut how and where to get the stuff I'm looking for?

Before I attempt an answer to this question, let me use the message above as a springboard for asking  List Members please **not** to send messages to the list in MIME/HTML  formatting but in plain-text ASCII only

As to finding material on the longer ending of Mark's Gospel: look at the discussions of this passage in the commentaries on Mark's Gospel by R.H. Gundry (Eerdmans) and C.A Evans (Word). You will find there not only much of what you are looking for but also extensive bibliographical material as well.

The other thing to do is to search the ATLA data base on the passage in question. Check with your University Library to see if you can gain online access to this source.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)