gmark - Re: gmark digest: April 05, 2000

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Karel Hanhart <K.Hanhart AT net.HCC.nl>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: gmark digest: April 05, 2000
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 11:26:27 +0200

Dear Eszter,

As you may know, I have argued rather extensively for a 'revision' by Mark of
an
older pre-70 Passover Haggadah. Perhaps this older Haggadah was also written
by
Mark; but unfortunately we do not have such a document. It is acknowledged by
many that an editorial hand is visible in Mark's Gospel. If indeed Mark
revisied it in the light of the traumatic experience of the Fall of Jerusalem
and the destruction of the temple, we have a solid reason why the pre-70
document no longer had sufficient 'authority' in the ecclesia to warrant
including it as a document in the canon.
What makes you stick to the date "in the sixties" besides 13,14? The reference
to the "bdelugma" could have been in that older version (Caligula!).. Mark
retained it in view of the even greater catastrophe of 70 (Titus).

your Karel

  • Re: gmark digest: April 05, 2000, Karel Hanhart, 04/07/2000